Non-fixed working hours employment: what are the rules?
The new Law regulates a new type of employment agreement. This is an employment agreement with non-fixed working hours, under the terms of which:
- the specific time of the employee’s performance of work is not established (the agreement specifies only the time intervals when the employee can be involved in work);
- the employee’s obligation to perform work arises only in the case of providing work by the employer;
- there is no guarantee that work will be provided by the employer permanently;
- the employer independently determines the need and time for involving the employee to work (within the basic hours and days established in the agreement);
- compliance with the conditions of remuneration (minimum wage) is provided. The employee must work at least 32 hours per month, if not, the employee must still be paid a salary for at least 32 hours of working time. In other cases, salary is paid to the employee for the time actually worked.
The number of employment agreements with non-fixed working hours for one employer cannot exceed 10 % of the total number of employment agreements. Employers with ten or fewer employees are allowed to conclude one employment agreement with non-fixed working hours.
The full version of the article is available in Ukrainian by the link.
New Law on collective agreements and treaties
RESERVATION OF CONSCRIPTED EMPLOYEES OF CRITICALLY IMPORTANT ENTERPRISES
THE NEW PROCEDURE OF MILITARY RECORDING: WHAT THE EMPLOYER NEEDS TO KNOW
MOBBING IN UKRAINE: IS IT HARASSMENT OF AN EMPLOYEE OR AN EMPLOYER?
Changes in the procedure for reservation of employees
Changes in the rules for the employment of foreigners: Law 2623
A new approach to the regulation of labor relations by agreement
Continuation of labor reform under martial law: the Draft Law No. 7251 (Part 2)
Continuation of labor reform under martial law: the Draft Law No. 7251 (Part 1)
The new Law on strengthening the protection of employees’ rights: what has changed?
Personnel records management during the war
Does an employer have an obligation to keep a workplace and average salary for a volunteer of territorial defence?