Continuation of labor reform under martial law: the Draft Law No. 7251 (Part 1)
On July 1, 2022, the Law of Ukraine “On amendments to certain laws of Ukraine on the optimization of labor relations” was adopted (the draft law was registered under No. 7251). The main changes in the law are as follows:
- the guarantee of maintenance of the average earnings by the employer for employees called-up for military service has been canceled;
- new grounds for terminating employment and a new ground for dismissal at the employer’s initiative have been introduced;
- the effect of labor provisions introduced during the period of martial law have been extended to public employees;
- the inconsistency regarding the notification of a change in essential working conditions has been resolved;
- it is allowed to establish alternative methods of communication in agreement with the consent of employee;
- the procedure for suspending the employment contract has been clarified;
- employees and employers will be able to get compensation of sums of money related to labor relations and lost as a result of armed aggression against Ukraine;
- inspections of the State Labor Service have been resumed.
The full version of the article is available in Ukrainian by the link.
Full text is open only for the subscribers.
New Law on collective agreements and treaties
RESERVATION OF CONSCRIPTED EMPLOYEES OF CRITICALLY IMPORTANT ENTERPRISES
THE NEW PROCEDURE OF MILITARY RECORDING: WHAT THE EMPLOYER NEEDS TO KNOW
MOBBING IN UKRAINE: IS IT HARASSMENT OF AN EMPLOYEE OR AN EMPLOYER?
Changes in the procedure for reservation of employees
Changes in the rules for the employment of foreigners: Law 2623
A new approach to the regulation of labor relations by agreement
Non-fixed working hours employment: what are the rules?
Continuation of labor reform under martial law: the Draft Law No. 7251 (Part 2)
The new Law on strengthening the protection of employees’ rights: what has changed?
Personnel records management during the war
Does an employer have an obligation to keep a workplace and average salary for a volunteer of territorial defence?