Continuation of labor reform under martial law: the Draft Law No. 7251 (Part 2)
On July 1, 2022, the Law of Ukraine “On amendments to certain laws of Ukraine on the optimization of labor relations” was adopted (the draft law was registered under No. 7251). The Law provides for a number of changes for employers:
- the obligation to inform employees who work under a fixed-term employment agreement about vacancies that meet their qualifications and provide for the possibility of concluding an open-ended employment agreement;
- the list of information which employees must be notified before starting work has been expanded;
- alternative methods of familiarizing the employee with the documents of the employer can be used under the agreement of the employer and the employee;
- the obligations of the employer upon dismissal of the employee are clarified (performance of a settlement and the issuance of written notification about the amounts accrued and paid to the employee);
- the right of the employee to transfer monetary compensation for unused annual vacation days to another company is abolished;
- the period of payment of salary to the employee for vacation leave has been changed (the payment must be made before the start of the vacation);
- restrictions on granting annual leave under martial law are clarified;
- for employees who left the territory of Ukraine or acquired the status of internally displaced persons, unpaid leave for a period not exceeding 90 calendar days is introduced under martial law;
- the concept of a part-time work is defined.
The full version of the article is available in Ukrainian by the link.
Full text is open only for the subscribers.
New Law on collective agreements and treaties
RESERVATION OF CONSCRIPTED EMPLOYEES OF CRITICALLY IMPORTANT ENTERPRISES
THE NEW PROCEDURE OF MILITARY RECORDING: WHAT THE EMPLOYER NEEDS TO KNOW
MOBBING IN UKRAINE: IS IT HARASSMENT OF AN EMPLOYEE OR AN EMPLOYER?
Changes in the procedure for reservation of employees
Changes in the rules for the employment of foreigners: Law 2623
A new approach to the regulation of labor relations by agreement
Non-fixed working hours employment: what are the rules?
Continuation of labor reform under martial law: the Draft Law No. 7251 (Part 1)
The new Law on strengthening the protection of employees’ rights: what has changed?
Personnel records management during the war
Does an employer have an obligation to keep a workplace and average salary for a volunteer of territorial defence?