In the first reading the draft law on the simplifying of the certification procedure in the grain market of Ukraine was adopted
On May 21, 2013 the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine passed at first reading the draft law No. 2459 dated March 5, 2013 on amending the Law of Ukraine “On grain and grain market in Ukraine” (as for the deregulation of the market). If the respective draft law is adopted and comes into force in the current version, the procedures of certification functioning in the Ukrainian grain market will be changed.
1. On certification of the grain quality and the products of its processing
The sphere of the mandatory certification of grain quality and the products of its certification is reduced:
- for the export out of the customs territory of Ukraine: certification is mandatory only in cases if the requirement of the quality certificate is envisaged in the external commercial agreement (contract);
- for transition through the territory of Ukraine: certification is mandatory when the grain and products of its processing are purchased wholly or partially by the cost of the state or local budget, or when requirement of the quality certificate is envisaged in the agreement (contract);
2. On certification of services on the warehousing of grain and products of its processing
- the unlimited validity period is established for the certificate on the services of warehousing of grain and products of its processing (the current version of the law envisages that the validity period of this certificate is one year from the date of its issue);
- the terms of taking decision on the issuance or non-issuance of the respective certificate are reduced from 30 to 10 days from the moment of the application submission.
3. Other changes
The list of products of grain processing is reduced. In particular, by-products of grain processing (bran, press cake, solvent cake) are excluded abolishing, in fact, the certification of quality and services on warehousing of the grain by-products.
The current version of the draft law envisages that the relevant law shall come into force from the moment of its promulgation.
The above commentary presents the general statement for information purposes only and as such may not be practically used in specific cases without professional advice.
Deregulation Act abolished the state registration of franchise agreements
The new law on business deregulation was adopted in Ukraine
Simplification of the procedure of individuals – entrepreneurs’ liquidation and possibility to commit registration acts for legal entities which made a decision on termination was established
The new Law on simplification of procedure of business setting up